Location: Heathrow Airport
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Aviation business for an ambitious and talented Estimator within the Q6 Framework at Heathrow Airport.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of around 200 employees who are passionate and dedicated.
We are looking for Estimators who have previous experience within Civil Engineering, and use of the CANDY Estimating system. The role will include being principally responsible for managing and preparing tenders from first principles and coordinating and challenging the input from the wider construction team including procurement, engineering and commercial, and supporting the bid management and quality submission requirements. The role is predominantly civil and infrastructure, and may have some building and fit out experience required also.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As an Estimator you will:
- Support the bid team to achieve deadlines
- Obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends
- Develop tender strategy and continuously monitor
- Review and assess tender documentation ensuring all documents are received and are correct
- Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity and provide feedback to the bid team
- Operating within Morgan Sindall standard estimating procedures, calculate and prepare quantities in conjunction with the commercial team
- Compile letter of offer, tender schedules, program and other items required by the tender
- Liaise with the customer on an ongoing basis to determine progress of tender
- Review contract details relevant to the company’s ability to deliver under the contract
- Once tender has been successful coordinate and arrange for contract exchange
- Prepare handover material of tender for the project team
- Coach, mentor and assist direct reports professional development
- Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability
- Continually seek and identify new and/or alternative business opportunities or initiatives which may impact on the overall competitiveness, profitability and growth of the business
As an experienced Estimator you will be educated to Degree level. A sound working knowledge of project management principles is essential, as is good planning and time management skills.
About the Heathrow Team:
Morgan Sindall is 1 of 4 Delivery Integrators working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projectors working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projects that include civil engineering, mechanical and electrical and building works throughout the footprint of Heathrow Airport. We have a long history of successfully delivering works at Heathrow Airport and our reputation has been founded upon this. We have over 200 employees, including a direct labour force delivering these projects and a well-developed and trusted supply chain. We have a plan for long term growth year on year and this is underpinned by our recruitment programme, including experienced managers, a graduate recruitment process and also strengthening of our self-performing capabilities through investment in apprentices. Looking forwards there is even greater opportunities at Heathrow Airport within the next expansion plans and further afield the 3rd runway development.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.