To find out what it is like to be part of our team, join the virtual careers fair on the 30 March.
For details follow the link - http://bit.ly/2l3DmtV
Senior Estimator – Level 1
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction & Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented Senior Estimator.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated professionals. Working with our infrastructure business you will be looking at roles with a Rail and Highways bias; a wealth of civil engineering experience is a must.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Senior Estimator you will:
- Price from first principles and have experience of working on Highways and Rail work
- You will support the pre-construction team for preparing tenders to secure projects
- Liaise with planners, design managers and pre-construction managers to deliver innovative solutions
- Support the bid team to achieve deadlines
- Obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends
- Prepare accurate and competitive estimates and cost plans
- Assess tender documentation, requirements and report findings to team
- Full working knowledge of estimating software system and ensure upgrades are understood and implemented
- Build effective relationships to establish two way dialogue with customers and suppliers
- Seek to establish professional trust and mutual respect with customers and suppliers
- Endeavour to maintain relationships into the future with customers and suppliers
- Influence and support suppliers to innovate and achieve optimum solutions
- Involvement in the adjudication process
- Attend post tender negotiation with a view to taking the responsibilities
- Prepare submission documents
- Learn to develop the tender strategy
- Develop business development appreciation and understanding
Already experienced as a senior estimator you will be educated to HNC standard as a minimum and have an understanding of construction technology and innovative techniques. You will be able to proficiently use Conquest estimating software and have cost planning knowledge and experience.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.