To find out what it is like to be part of our team, join the virtual careers fair on the 30 March.
For details follow the link - http://bit.ly/2l3DmtV
Location: Heathrow Airport
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Aviation business for an ambitious and talented Quantity Surveyor within the Q6 Framework at Heathrow Airport.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of around 200 employees who are passionate and dedicated.
We are looking for Quantity Surveyors who can maintain commercial information to the contract, satisfying the needs of both the customer and Morgan Sindall in terms of reporting contract commercial performance. Experienced Quantity Surveyors would need to have experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Contribute to achieving the appropriate commercial result through the provision of accurate financial reporting
- Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually, in order to secure full entitlements under the contract
- Understand fully the customer’s needs and ensure effective relationships are built and maintained by consistently high customer service and on site delivery
- Provide support to the site team on contract requirements
- Identify, secure and deliver the business forecast in both turnover and margin
- Place subcontract orders in accordance with the main contract and manage subcontractor accounts ensuring payments are timely and correct and any other commercial issues are resolved
- Obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends
- Assist in the production of cost value reconciliation reports and forecast cash recovery and ensure that both are kept In line with target
- Ensure applications for payment and invoices are completed and submitted to ensure payment is made to terms and within work in progress (WIP) and cash targets
- Ensure compliance with all contractual requirements
- Maximise efficiency of reporting techniques/systems
- Operate the systems that are in place to provide the information necessary to manage the contract
- Ensure all customers and stakeholders have an exceptional customer service and work to achieving Perfect Delivery on all projects
As an experienced Quantity Surveyor you will be educated to Degree or HND level in Quantity Surveying (or other commercial related discipline) Previous experience with COINS is required, as is an understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget / forecast.
About the Heathrow Team:
Morgan Sindall is 1 of 4 Delivery Integrators working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projectors working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projects that include civil engineering, mechanical and electrical and building works throughout the footprint of Heathrow Airport. We have a long history of successfully delivering works at Heathrow Airport and our reputation has been founded upon this. We have over 200 employees, including a direct labour force delivering these projects and a well-developed and trusted supply chain. We have a plan for long term growth year on year and this is underpinned by our recruitment programme, including experienced managers, a graduate recruitment process and also strengthening of our self-performing capabilities through investment in apprentices. Looking forwards there is even greater opportunities at Heathrow Airport within the next expansion plans and further afield the 3rd runway development.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.