Senior Design Manager
Location: Heathrow Airport
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Aviation business for an ambitious and talented Senior Design Manager within the Q6 Framework at Heathrow Airport.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of around 200 employees who are passionate and dedicated.
We are looking for Senior Design Managers who ideally have previous experience in key sectors – Education, Health, Manufacturing, Industrial, Leisure & Transport.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
As a Senior Design Manager you will:
- Establish, maintain and manage effective project design resource and team profile at bid and delivery stages
- Lead and provide a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design service for the customer and key partners and suppliers at bid and delivery stages
- Manage and coordinate safely the overall design process through the RIBA design stages
- Ensure completion and compliance of design management departmental procedures at bid and delivery stages
- Ensure appropriate design resource, skill sets and structure
- Ensure sufficient ‘sustainable’ resource, expertise and approach
- Set-up and agree design management regime with the design team
- Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop a comprehensive scope of service for key stages of project
- Programme and manage all design reviews and coordination meetings
- Ensure that fully coordinated design programmes are produced that integrate with the agreed project programme and that the programmes are regularly monitored for progress and updates
- Monitor progress against programme, and report to the project team
- Establish the need for and input into design reviews
- Ensure that the design fully accords with the defined specifications as detailed within the work package control document or subcontract documents as appropriate
As an experienced Senior Design Manager, you will be educated to HND / HNC Degree level. You will be a member of an industry recognised professional institute for example CIOB. Experience on both single stage tenders and preferred terms work procurement routes would be advantageous.
About the Heathrow Team:
Morgan Sindall is 1 of 4 Delivery Integrators working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projectors working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projects that include civil engineering, mechanical and electrical and building works throughout the footprint of Heathrow Airport. We have a long history of successfully delivering works at Heathrow Airport and our reputation has been founded upon this. We have over 200 employees, including a direct labour force delivering these projects and a well-developed and trusted supply chain. We have a plan for long term growth year on year and this is underpinned by our recruitment programme, including experienced managers, a graduate recruitment process and also strengthening of our self-performing capabilities through investment in apprentices. Looking forwards there is even greater opportunities at Heathrow Airport within the next expansion plans and further afield the 3rd runway development.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.