Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: East Anglia
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways and General Civils business for an ambitious and talented Senior Quantity Surveyor within the Eastern Highways Framework.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated Surveyors working together on this innovative project.
We are looking for Senior Quantity Surveyors who have a wealth of NEC3 knowledge.
As a senior quantity surveyor you will provide commercial expertise to aid with the delivery of the contracted work by taking the commercial lead in a geographical focused team. The provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the management team whilst ensuring the contract achieves the appropriate commercial targets.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ensure the project and programme contract, cost, quality and time targets are met
- Ensure prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications
- Supervise, mentor and encourage all subordinate staff in their personal professional development including PDP, welfare, safety competency and disciplinary matters
- Build a close relationship with delivery manager to ensure the goals for the distribution area are fully met
- Maintain and coordinate all commercial reports required for the successful commercial management of the contract
- Ensure compliance with the business delaps and contract process maps
- Ensure all subcontract issues are resolved, deferring to the commercial manager where appropriate
- Ensure the accuracy of the commercial data generated within the Sphere project management software
- Management of subcontract accounts including interrogation, procurement, payments, variations and final accounts
- Liaise with the office manager to ensure accuracy of costs, and best practise in material buying
- Liaise and assist with the performance analyst in the preparation of run rate data, including the preparation of weekly gang profit / loss, plant spend, KPI and prefect delivery requirements
Already experienced as a senior quantity surveyor you will be educated to BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline) and you will be working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB). You will have a detailed knowledge of company management systems including; Commercial and financial (Commercial Manager /COINS/Sphere). You will also have proven experience of managing quantity surveyors on a large contract.
About the Highways Team:
Eastern Highways Framework is a 4 year framework covering Highways schemes between £1M-£20M in value for 11 Local Authorities in the greater East Anglian region. The role is to provide commercial and senior quantity surveying support to the framework.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.