Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Major Projects business for an ambitious and talented Senior Planner within the Joint Venture Fusion for HS2.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated Planners working together on this innovative project.
We are looking for Senior Planners who have a wealth of knowledge in the construction and infrastructure industries, they will play a major role in ensuring the HS2 goals and objectives are delivered.
Previous experience in engineering with a civil engineering contractor is essential, as well as extensive experience in a Planning role. You will have widespread knowledge in programme and project management, project planning, (including programme controls) project review, and cost and risk analysis. You will have the ability to plan construction works from first principles, preferably with experience in multi discipline major projects and you will have extensive site experience on business related projects in a management or supervisory capacity. Experience of working with Primavera P6 software is essential.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
As a Senior Planner you will:
- provide planning management and support to the pre-contract and contract operations
- coordinate with bid and construction teams to manage and control the planning and programming aspects of bid proposals
- produce, manage, and update the construction programme and its communication to customers and stakeholders
- Produce tender deliverables as required
- Produce reports and programme commentary to customers and the project team
- Formally issue programme updates to the customer
- Develop and produce fully logic linked and integrated tender programme
- Manage the planning and programme process by closely monitoring development and implementation of the programme
- Ensure planning and programming is produced on time
- Ensure processes are followed on all projects
- Attend all tender meetings as required
- manage and incorporate change events into the construction programme
- jointly with the commercial team, secure full entitlement under the contract
As an experienced senior planner you will be educated to professional level with a relevant degree or equivalent in a core business discipline
About the Fusion Team:
Fusion (a joint venture of Morgan Sindall, BAM Nuttall and Ferrovial Agroman) has been awarded the Central package of HS2’s three enabling works contracts, (South, Central and North).
The contract includes the early preparatory work needed ahead of the main civil engineering work for the scheme, including archaeology, site clearance and setting up construction compounds. The contract will be worth up to £100m to Morgan Sindall Group over a period of four years.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.