To find out what it is like to be part of our team, join the virtual careers fair on the 30 March.
For details follow the link - http://bit.ly/2l3DmtV
Apprentice SHEQ Administrator - Rail
THE DIFFERENCE IS YOU…
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Rail & Electrification business for ambitious and talented people.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of around 275 employees who are passionate and dedicated.
We are looking for an Apprentice SHEQ Administrator with excellent IT skills and confidence in technical administration.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As an Apprentice SHEQ Administrator you undertake the following:
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of general office administration including maintaining administrative systems
- Undertake all general office administrative duties in an efficient manner, always offering a good and consistent service to office staff
- Interact with colleagues, customers and visitors, maintaining a polite and helpful approach with all
- Answer telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handle them courteously and appropriately or pass to a relevant member of the team
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- File and retrieve company documents, records and reports and ensure all filing up to date and well-managed
- Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office
- May conduct research, compile data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation to the management team
- Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences
- Attend meetings as requested in order to record minutes
- Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Support staff in assigned project‐based work
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of company and customer information
- In all actions be a positive and helpful ambassador for the company, giving others confidence in Morgan Sindall
- Ensure that internal company relationships with other departments, offices and business units/regions are positive and supportive
- Be prepared to take additional responsibility, where you see it is necessary, to support the department/function or the office staff in general
- Offer ideas for improving the service you offer or the processes for which you are responsible for
As an Apprentice SHEQ Administrator you will support closely defined tasks within company procedures and industry standards. You will receive instruction, tasks and guidance from a more senior manager. You will be responsible for performing all office based administrative activities proactively and efficiently, enabling all office staff to work easily and quickly and without disruption. Educated to GSCE level or equivalent is required.
About our Rail & Electrification Team
Our customers benefit from the multi-disciplined service we offer in the high speed and underground rail sectors with expertise covering electrification and civil engineering as well as building capabilities including structures, lineside infrastructure, station enhancements and new build.
Our team consists of more than 275 staff - including safety critical staff certified up to engineering supervisor competence level. We work across the UK and Scotland with offices in London, Ware, Rugby, Stoke and Glasgow.
We are a leading provider of construction and isolation services to the rail industry, offering design and build 25kv overhead line and light rail electrification systems, complemented by our own fleet of specialist rail plant.
Our Electrification team provides services across the UK, with a base in Ware, Hertfordshire supported by a specialist electrification training centre and plant depot at Swynnerton, Staffordshire, and Scotland depot at Larkhall, South Lanarkshire.
Our expertise is focused not only on effective project delivery but also on minimising railway user and environmental disruption through innovative working practices. These include ‘live launch’ bridge construction - where bridges are installed while railways beneath remain operational and ‘offline’ construction and modularisation techniques within stations.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.