To find out what it is like to be part of our team, join the virtual careers fair on the 30 March.
For details follow the link - http://bit.ly/2l3DmtV
Location: Rugby / Salford
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction & Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented SHEQ Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated SHEQ professionals.
We are looking for SHEQ Manager who have a wealth of knowledge in a similar role, preferably within the Civil Engineering Sector.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a SHEQ Manager you will:
- Ensure the business achieves compliance with safety, health and environmental legislation, industry and Morgan Sindall standards and strives to achieve best practice
- Lead, provide advice to, and support management teams, employees and those working with us in pursuit of achieving our 100% safe and sustainability goals and Perfect Delivery philosophy
- Report accurately and effectively on SHEQ matters
- Provide support and identify resources in the support of PQQs and tenders that the business is pursuing Organise and attend SHEQ Team Meetings and other appropriate forums for discussing SHEQ matters
- Contribute to the development of the SHEQ strategy and management systems including review and feedback on improvements
- Compile and analyse business unit and project SHEQ and Sustainability statistical information and support the development of action and improvement plans
- Provide technical advice to projects in areas such as Temporary Works, Lifting Operations, Asbestos and complying with local borough requirements
- Maintain personal professional development regarding SHE legislation, technology and industry best practices
- Further develop and coach members of the SHEQ Team
Already experienced as a SHEQ Manager (or similar Civils sector role) you will be educated to NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Safety and Health (or equivalent). You will have extensive knowledge of effective management strategies, best practice and a detailed knowledge of current safety legislation and its application in construction or traditional civil engineering project based environment. You will be a good communicator at all levels both internally or externally, experience with Behavioural / Cultural systems would be an advantage.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.