Senior Engineering Manager
Location: Rugby or Salford
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented Senior Engineering Manager.
We are looking for Senior Engineering Managers who will be responsible for the day to day management of internal and external engineering resources, to ensure deliverables are completed on time, to budget and in agreement with project requirements.
Already experienced as a senior operations manager, you will have broad experience in senior level involvement in the provision of engineering and design management services for civil engineering infrastructure design.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will:
- Responsible for the day to day management of internal and external engineering resources
- Identify temporary works and other engineering aspects and allocate appropriate resources in conjunction with operations directors
- Act as Business Unit champion for BIM implementation
- Focus point for innovation within the Business Unit
- Functional lead for engineering, design management, planning, BIM
- Ensure staff records, training and competency are in place
- Implement health, safety, environment and quality requirements appropriate
- Work with Infrastructure Engineering Director and MD to manage and develop relationships with consulting engineers & in-house engineering teams
- Support pre-contract activity
- Drive innovation culture, improvement activity, knowledge, lessons learnt for the Highways and General Civils business unit
- Pre-contract support to win work
- Provide support to operations directors for the effective mobilisation of new contracts including input to Project Execution Plans, quality, and environmental plans
- Represent the company on industry forums as agreed with the BU Managing Director and Infrastructure Engineering Director
Already experienced as a senior engineering manager you will be educated to degree or HNC/HND level in a relevant technical discipline and have previous senior level involvement in the provision of engineering and design management services for civil engineering infrastructure design you will be a Chartered Engineer or similar and participation in affiliated bodies for example Institution of Civil Engineers, CIHT.
About the Highways Team:
Our projects encompass motorway widening, congestion relief, safety improvement and bypass schemes. Recent work includes M62 Smart Motorways, Lincolnshire’s new A1073 bypass, the A1 Improvement scheme from Dishforth to Barton in North Yorkshire, and the M74 Completion Project through central Glasgow, Scotland’s largest infrastructure scheme. Under Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes, we engage with our customers as early as possible to maximise innovation, efficiency and cost savings.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.