Supply Chain Manager
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Major Projects business for an ambitious and talented Supply Chain Manager within the Joint Venture Fusion for HS2.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated managers.
We are looking for managers who have a wealth of knowledge in the construction and infrastructure industries, they will play a major role in ensuring the HS2 strategic goals and objectives are delivered.
As supply chain manager you will be responsible for maximising value to Morgan Sindall through the structured management and development of the subcontract supply chain. You will lead the implementation of the Morgan Sindall Supply Chain Strategy, and the development of the Fusion Supply Chain Plan. You will provide high quality support on supply chain engagement, selection, and development and performance management.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Supply Chain Manager you will:
- Implement, develop and maintain robust supply chain relationships
- Develop and implement specific project supply chain strategies
- Support bid teams at work-winning in delivering the agreed strategy
- Support project commercial teams in the development of the optimum supply chain
- Research, develop and implement improved and innovative relationships with suppliers
- Develop the business unit supply chain strategy aligned to the overall Morgan Sindall supply chain strategy
- Identify and challenge practices and procedures, both internally and within the supply chain, to remove non value adding activities
- Manage the quarterly reporting on the performance of the supply chain
- Take a lead role as a member of the supply chain function to identify and share best practices across the business
- Ensure the effectiveness and continuing development of the procurement process
You will have a membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent qualification and you will have an understanding of sub-contract and supplier terms and conditions. You will have experience in procurement, supply chain or commercial role and you will have relevant experience and knowledge of both subcontract and materials procurement practices and processes
About the Fusion Team:
Fusion (a joint venture of Morgan Sindall, BAM Nuttall and Ferrovial Agroman) has been awarded the Central package of HS2’s three enabling works contracts, (South, Central and North).
The contract includes the early preparatory work needed ahead of the main civil engineering work for the scheme, including archaeology, site clearance and setting up construction compounds. The contract will be worth up to £100m to Morgan Sindall Group over a period of four years.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.