To find out what it is like to be part of our team, join the virtual careers fair on the 30 March.
For details follow the link - http://bit.ly/2l3DmtV
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Major Projects business for an ambitious and talented Procurement Manager within the Joint Venture Fusion for HS2.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated managers.
We are looking for managers who have a wealth of knowledge in the construction and infrastructure industries, they will play a major role in ensuring the HS2 strategic goals and objectives are delivered.
As Procurement Manager you will manage multidisciplinary construction projects or medium sized sites and their associated activities from conception through to completion, delivering work that meets project requirements, customer satisfaction and in accordance with Morgan Sindall standards. You will play a major role in ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental Policies are delivered.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Procurement Manager you will:
- Responsible for owning and updating project procurement schedules and reporting of buying gains/losses for their project(s)
- Timely placement of comprehensive orders that protect the commercial interests of the business
- Ensure that the Morgan Sindall processes and DELAPs are adhered to
- Work winning – provide high quality input to prequalification and tender responses, formulate tender procurement strategies, input to tender lists, undertake and evaluate tender enquiries, support supplier / sub-contractor selection – attend pre-contract / tender meetings as required
- Seek out innovations to differentiate Morgan Sindall, through engagement with our supply chain
- Input to the segmentation of the supply chain for their area or sector, and support the management and development of the supply chain database for the Business Unit
- Own key supplier and/or subcontractor relationships – coordinate with colleagues where appropriate
- Support the regular review and refresh of the supply chain to ensure it continues to meet our needs
- Responsible for the performance management of suppliers and subcontractors specific to their project(s)
- Work closely with, and support the efforts of, the Supply Chain Hub
- Work with other Procurement Managers and Supply Chain Managers across Morgan Sindall to develop procurement and supply chain strategies for specific products and trades
You will have a membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent qualification
About the Fusion Team:
Fusion (a joint venture of Morgan Sindall, BAM Nuttall and Ferrovial Agroman) has been awarded the Central package of HS2’s three enabling works contracts, (South, Central and North).
The contract includes the early preparatory work needed ahead of the main civil engineering work for the scheme, including archaeology, site clearance and setting up construction compounds. The contract will be worth up to £100m to Morgan Sindall Group over a period of four years.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.