To find out what it is like to be part of our team, join the virtual careers fair on the 30 March.
For details follow the link - http://bit.ly/2l3DmtV
Location: Euston / Stanford-le-Hope
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction & Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented Engineering Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated managers. Working with our infrastructure business you will be looking at roles with our Highways and General Civils business unit; a wealth of civil engineering experience is a must. It is essential that you have CEM experience. The right applicant will deal with Permanent and Temporary works management, design management of main Planning application and BIM level 2. Part of the role will be communicating with and satisfying Network Rail, and c2c design assurance requirements.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Input into all engineering activities at pre-contract and delivery stages
- Identify temporary works and other engineering aspects and allocate appropriate resources in conjunction with operations directors
- Liaise with customers including NR and the Highways Agency (HA)
- Provide point of reference contact for customers
- Ensure staff records, training and competency are in place
- Implement health, safety, environment and quality requirements appropriate for each customer and contract
- Manage high level relationships with consulting engineers including the effective implementation of design agreements and design management activity
- Support the pre-contract director in securing the most appropriate design resources for future bids
- Drive innovation culture, improvement activity, knowledge, lessons learnt for Infrastructure business unit
- Ensure high level compliance with CDM regulations
- Pre-contract support to win work, including review and input into tenders, including attending interviews and briefing sessions, and making presentations to customers and consultants
- Support bid managers to establish highest quality submissions
- Provide support to operations directors for the effective mobilisation of new contracts including setting up of health and safety, quality, and environmental plans
- Provide support to joint venture’s to ensure that Morgan Sindall requirements in this area are not compromised
- Carry out audits and produce reports as required for quality and environmental compliance
- Manage the engineering administration manager to ensure that all compliance records including training are maintained and updated
- Closely liaise with other business units for best practice and lessons learnt
- Assist and support operations directors with legislation
- Represent the company on industry forums as agreed with the managing director
- Act as functional manager for planning resources within the infrastructure business
Already experienced as an Engineering Manager you will be educated to degree level in a relevant field. You will be a Chartered Engineer or similar, and participate in affiliated bodies such as the Institute of Engineering.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.